Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thing # 22 - Podcasts

I looked through the Podcast.net and Podcastalley.com directories but I did not find anything that was current enough to subscribe to. I checked Bloglines and they suggested Indiepodder.org and PodcastingNews.com. I finally found a podcast feed to suscribe to on PodcastingNews.com called Ritmo Latino. It's commercial free latin music featuring Salsa, bachata, cumbia, samba, merengue, electronica, alternative, and disco-funk that is broadcast from Guam and Saipan. I added it to my Bloglines account and am looking forward to some fun Latin music.
As podcasts pertain to the Library I think that they could be used for a number of things. You could do Library news and events, book reviews, book talks, read a book or a chapter of a book and promote the Library. I think it's a great way to reach an increasingly mobile populace.

No comments:

Post a Comment